sub title

THE MAD WOMYN IN THE ATTIC!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Enough is enough!

I'm tired of waiting.

Tired of waiting for cisgender LGB people to fucking grow a pair and advocate for trans people. Trans people have been fighting for your fucking asses since Stone Wall. Despite the fact that trans people have pretty much always been used and abused by you. We kept on fighting with courage and hoping against hope that you people would grow the fuck up and start battling for us. Its 2010 and yeah theres been some progress. Cisgender LGB people have finally started to know Sylvia Rivera's name and how great she was. I have meet some cisgender LGB people who are fighting for our rights and what we need, but there has been and kind of big leap. Nationally however, we still have a long way to go.

Tired of people like Barney "the fuck-head" Frank being obsessed with what is between my legs as opposed to who I am as a person. Frank who is obsessed with the fear of tranwomyn, who haven't gotten the surgery yet, to enter a womyn's bathroom because the transwomyn has a penis. Assuming that if we enter those bathrooms we will hurt the other womyn in there. Convicting us without any fucking proof that transwomyn have EVER done that! Subtly calling us rapists who just want access to these bathrooms to attack womyn. While not seeming to think, or to fucking care, that transwomyn could be attacked in men's rooms if we are forced to go in there. Somehow our safety isn't as important.

Tired of fighting for other people who don't seem to give a shit about my needs and my rights. Barney Frank, the HRC, and others are doing nothing to fight for us. They all claim that they are supportive of trans people, but in reality they could give a fuck. And yet they expect us to donate our time and money to them and support their causes. Get back to me when you fucking start fighting for my rights and really care about my issues, then we'll talk.

Tired of transphobic assholes like Dan Savage telling us to "wait" until others are ready before we transition and then calling us "selfish" if we don't http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=13054 I understand that it takes time for family members to come to terms with this drastic change, but we should NOT have to wait for them to accept us to do what we know in our heart of hearts is the right thing to do. If the families need time and don't want us around for awhile, fine thats their choice and is between the trans person and their families, however, cisgender-white-gay-man Dan Savage has no fucking right to tell us that we are being selfish when we transition. Get off your fucking high horse Dan and stop acting like you understand what we go through you fucking prick!

Tired of cisgender LGB people, cisgender white gay men especially, NOT realizing that YES, they do have fucking privilege simply because they are cisgender. I would like to think that just like most people who have privilege (white, able bodied, straight, etc) that they don't realize that they have the privilege until somebody points it out to them. Well, to anyone who is cisgender reading this consider yourself informed. Maybe I have this all wrong, maybe they do realize that they have that privilege and just enjoy trying to keep us down and below them. Somebodies got to be at the bottom right? I would like to believe this isn't true, but honestly I don't know anymore.

Tired of feeling ignored because I am how I am and wont back down and apologize for who I am and how I feel. Cisgener LGB people seem to like it best when they can ignore the fact that I am trans. They don't want me to talk about as if I should keep it a secret and just ignore it myself. I'll admit I have tried that. Tried to hide it and ignore it and pretend it didn't exist, that didn't work out so well. Now I'm tired of hiding for them, I am transwomyn and I demand you treat me respect that you would any other person.

Tired of the media using us to get cheap laughs. Shows like Family Guy, which pretty much used every trans joke in the fucking book, and movies like "Ticked of Trannies with Knives" (oh yes real fucking movie! http://www.transadvocate.com/tribeca-film-festival-promotes-exploitation.htm), which shows transwomyn getting violently killed and is billed as a "comedy".

All of these things, and so many more, must stop in order for the trans movement to go anywhere! I call on my fellow isgender LGB people who see what I am talking about to talk to your friends about this. Inform them on about these things and work to turn them into allies for all trans people.

No comments:

Post a Comment