sub title

THE MAD WOMYN IN THE ATTIC!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The bathroom issue

Hey kiddies, sorry I haven't written anything in awhile, summer is always a slow time for me in pretty much every way. I hate it, I wish it was over. A quick update about what is going on in my life. I am still looking for that job to get me by these months. I have a couple of leads this week and into the weekend, wish me luck! I am finally going to meet in person the girl I like this next Monday and I am SUPER EXCITED!! And lastly, a friend of mine is going to do my hair. This is the look I am going for http://coollonghairstyles.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/carrie-underwood.jpg I have never been a huge fan of the look, but two of my friends think it would look good on me. One said it would soften my face and highlight it as well. The best part is shes going to do it for the low low college student friend price of..............FREE! I figure I will let her use me as her giant human doll, if I don't like it I don't have to keep it. K, thats pretty much all that is new in my life. Now on to what I really want to talk about and that is an article another friend made me aware of. http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/08/Trans_Rights_Bill_Dies_in_NY_Senate_Commitee/

The article talks about a New York bill that would have made it illegal to fire or deny housing to transgender people on the basis that they are trans. The bill had already passed the state assembly and hopes were high that the bill would pass the senate. Sadly, and yet unsurprisingly, the bill failed to pass the senate. The final vote was 12 against to 11 for. All the Republicans, unsurprisingly, voted against it and so did Dem Ruben Diaz. Had Ruben Diaz voted yes, the bill would have passed, but no the spineless fuck voted no and thus the transphobic assholes win again. The BIG concern for those who voted against bathroom use/other gender-segregated places. Basically, what is between our legs.

Unwarranted fears about people with penises going into the womyn's bathroom and what could happened, despite the fact that there is NO proof that anything would happen, other than us going to the fucking bathroom! Trans people are basically sexual deviants in these peoples eyes, especially transwomyn. Let me explain something to those out there that think that a transwomyn would EVER hurt someone with that fucking thing in our pants. A lot of us have a very strong hatred of the thing. Touching it very often grosses us out, some don't even see it as apart of them. Its for peeing and thats it. A lot of us go to great pains to hide it because we hate it so much. With all that said, what makes you think we would EVER use something that we hate, find gross, hate touching, don't think of as a part of us, and want to get ride of to hurt a fellow womyn or anyone for that matter? I can tell you right now, the thought of doing any kind of penetration with my cock to any womyn, even my future partners, makes me want to puke. Not because I feel the act is gross, but because it is to much of a male thing for me to do and I don't want to go there. I don't want to feel like a man. I promise, this is true for a lot of transwomyn. Obviously, not all trans people are like that, but I can promise you a grand MAJORITY of trans people don't want to fucking hurt anyone in a bathroom. We just want to go in, do what we need too, wash our hands, leave and get on with our lives. Also, what about our safety?

The people who are so concerned about this, don't seem to give a flying fuck that my fellow trans sisters and brothers are getting harassed, beaten, killed and sexually assaulted in the "proper" bathroom, according to what is between their legs, very often. Apparently we don't count in the discussion about safety and bathrooms just the fucking cisgender people. Also what about us and being comfortable in the bathroom? We have every right to feel comfortable when we use the bathroom, but apparently we don't matter in that either. Elected officials need to stop being concerned with what is in our pants and start doing doing what the fuck is right, sadly I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Once again trans people get screwed because elected officials and the american public, media included (ie Family Guy), is so obsessed with what is between our legs. They don't care whats in our hearts, minds, or souls we are just defined to them by what is between our legs. I wish I could say that I have high hopes that my country would grow the fuck up and get the mind out of what is between my legs, but the truth is I don't. My body is just a fucking display for them to analysis and wonder about. My privacy and safety be damned as long as the cisgender people are happy. *Sigh*

Thats all for now.
bye...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't your hair naturally curly? It seems like that style would involve you spending a lot of time straightening your hair every day. I guess I am probably lazier than you are, and I've never dealt with curly hair, so maybe you know more about it. Woot for free haircuts!

    ReplyDelete